At the beginning of the year, I resolved to do one “inspiration” post a month, blogging on something or someone or some incident that inspires me. Well, almost half way through the year, here’s my second one…on just a few [of the many] things that inspire me…
– my dad
– reading good writing
– sitting and watching the world walk by
– watching a sunset from beginning to end, not doing anything but just watching all the colors as they fade in and out
– cooking, eating and sharing creative food
– feeling the wind in my hair
– the stories of people who started small and made something big
– people who laugh honestly and from deep within
– music that moves my body whether I will it or not
– the love of my poodle
– the feeling of frivolity I get from squeals atop Ferris wheels and catching fireflies in the summer of sixteen
What inspires you?
image shot at Coney Island, New York, Dec 30, 2011
If you liked what you just saw here, sign up for The Picture of the Every Couple of Days. It’s an email I send out every couple of days with one image and a few words. It’s a nice refresher for your inbox, aiming only to keep your interest enthused and your inspiration engaged. Check out the most recent Picture of the Every Couple of Days here.