I had never met Nina or Anthony. I had never even so much as spoken to them on the phone. So when I pulled up to meet them for breakfast the day before their Chicago wedding, I was stoked to be able to recognize them beyond their clothing the next day!
Then they walked in all smiles and total relaxation. They had a million things to do with less than 24 hours to do it all…call the venue about this, write thank-you notes about that, meet the girls for yada, make sure yada, host the rehearsal yada yada and somehow try to sleep a few hours somewhere between. I would have been in a fluster. But they weren’t. They were calm and cute. They’ve been together 10 years. So to say they were comfortably on the same page would be a huge understatement. They ordered the same thing for breakfast, for gosh sakes. So their comfortability swept over me and I knew the next day would be fabulous.
I’m so happy that Anthony’s sister, the ever fabulous portrait photographer Lisa Scarsi, based here in So Cal called upon me for the task of documenting her little bro’s big day. It was an exceptionally fabulous day, and here are just a few reasons why:
1. Nina, the bride, was a calm, collected, little bundle of joy. SO easy to work with. (reason 1, have or be a relaxed bride)
2. Robb, my fantastically talented shooter delivered capital A-awesomeness. (reason 2, have not one, but two awesome shooters!)
3. I tend to bring good weather with me when I travel. So not only was it much warmer than it’d been all winter in the Chicago area (so they told me), the chilly weather was suppressed behind a cloud cover that couldn’t compete with the most expensive softbox ever made. In laymans terms, the lighting was bomb-diggity-delicious. (reason 3, hire me. cause I bring the good weather, duh)
4. Robb and I shot with prime lenses only. Wanted to try something new and develop creative expansion. Success. (reason 4, make sure your photogs are creatively awesome!)
5. I was well rested. (reason 5, no one likes the lack-o-sleep-crankies!)
There are like 25,000 other awesome things I could say about Nina and Anthony’s wedding day, but perhaps I’ll save them for the full post I do once editing is done. For now, just a quick set from the slideshow Robb threw together for the Crystal Sky Banquets reception.